Founder of Basecamp
Discover Jason's remote working tips as he reflects on 20 years of remote collaboration and thoughts around Covid-19 homeworking.
• Benefits of providing staff with stretches of uninterrupted work • The importance of trying not to emulate the office environment when going remote • The focus on the streamlining of meeting • Benefits of managers trusting staff • The need to be more flexible and patient with staff during Covid-19View on 99u.adobe.com
Listen to Jason discussing how to effectively work remotely.
• How companies and staff are reevaluating remote working due to coronavirus • How managers should trust staff to work remotely • The importance of clear communication • The importance of everyone connecting to telemeetings • The importance of NOT sharing calendarsView on podcastnotes.org
See how Basecamp workers set up their home offices.
• Find inspiration from photos of the remote working spaces of 20 workersView on m.signalvnoise.com
Learn how to keep work and home separate whilst remote working.
• The benefits of constructing routines in order to create boundaries between work and home • The importance of getting dressed for work • The advantages of having a separate work space • Dividing the day into bite size pieces can really helpView on businessinsider.com
Why work doesn’t happen at the office?
• If you ask people what's their favorite place to get work done they rarely mention their office. • Managers and meetings are the two biggest problems of working in an office. • Offices don’t allow for long stretches of uninterrupted time, which are necessary to solve important problems. • Work is like sleep in that, if you are interrupted, you can’t simply pick up where you left off. • There are ways to emulate the benefits of remote work even when you work in an office.View on atlasandboots.com
Discover the secrets to making remote work a success.
• Benefits of remote working from an employer and employee perspective • Evaluating work and trusting staff working remotely • Having similar processes whether working remotely or in-houseView on forbes.com
Read about how Jason came to realise the benefits of remote working in relation to retaining staff.
• The importance of scanning the world for top talent • It is essential to trust your staff • How to combat worker jealousyView on workforce.com
Read sample chapters from the book REMOTE and discover how both employers and employees can benefit from working remotely.
• Telecommunication is the future • Face to Face meetings are over-hyped • Homeworking increases quality • Increase productivity by distancing yourself from meetings and managers • Managing the risk of burnoutView on basecamp.com
Any question? Ask Jason anything.
We are collecting 50 questions for Jason. Post yours!Don’t worry - we won’t spam you. We hate spam emails as much as you do.